What Are Spider Veins?
Spider veins are found at the feet. They are very tiny, irregular veins that appear branched. The can make someone so uncomfortable because they are very visible. They develop when there is an excess flow of blood that is under high pressure. However, these veins cannot be prevented because it depends on the genome characteristics and the hormonal balance.
What Causes Spider Veins?
Spider veins are characterized by people who have the same genetic characteristics. These genetic characteristics are passed down to the progeny. Therefore, people of the same blood relations may be affected by this condition. If you are affected by this condition, tell your children (girls) about it.
Spider veins always affect women compared to men. This is because women have their superficial veins nearer to the skin. They become very much visible. They may also be caused by a hormonal imbalance of estrogen. They become visible when beginning to use a birth control method, after birth or when estrogen is replaced. They also appear after standing for a long time while working. Those affected are teachers, shop attendant and hairdressers.
How to Prevent Spider Veins
With technology, it is possible to treat spider veins. Even though, it is best to practice prevention methodologies. The following are points explaining how spider veins are prevented. However, if the situations get worse, please visit a vein clinic new jersey for help.
- They appear when brought to sun light. Therefore, it is important to apply sun protection factor (SPF) sunscreen prevents this situation.
- Always walk around or just jog on one spot. Do not stand for a long period. You should always be lifting your heels; it enhances the flow of blood in the body.
- Do many exercises, for example, riding a bicycle, swimming and walking. It prevents spider veins.
- If you have a job that makes you be seated for longer periods, flex and extend your ankles, this should be done at an interval of 30 minutes 15 times. This allows a steady flow of blood at your feet.
- Overweight people have a circulatory system that overworks. It is important to cut weight. Cutting weight decreases the pressure of the veins found at the legs.
- Do not cross your legs quite often. It slows down the upward movement of blood to the heart. This leads to high pressure on the inside of the veins causing spider veins.
- Always wear flats and less of high-heeled shoes. High heels exert a lot of stress on the feet. This stress causes constriction of the flow of blood on their way back to the heart.
- When you are relaxing and lying down, lift your legs high above the heart. This way blood flows quickly back to the heart. The valves therefore relax, and there are no spider veins formed.
- Do not consume a lot of salt. You can even stop using it. It dehydrates a lot of water making valves to work under stress.
- Avoid clothing that does not stretch. They make it hard for blood to flow in the veins of the legs.
- Make use of horse chestnut, horsetail and witch hazel regularly. Then add more of vitamin C in your diet. They all strengthen the capillaries, decrease inflammation and help to heal.
- Organize for feet massage both the lower leg and upper leg. It results in beautiful legs.
Laser Treatment for Spider Veins
With vein treatment NJ technology, veins can be treated by surgery or sclerotherapy. It comes with many disadvantages among them are brown staining and hyperactive pigmentation. It also causes necrosis of the skin. They are scary.
The Fotona XP Max Nd: Yag, is the newest technology used to treat spider veins. It is dependable, unlike surgery or sclerotherapy.
It is also used to treat reticular veins and thread veins. This kind of technology is efficient and reliable in about 1 to 3 treatments. The conditions affecting it are a depth of veins and overall skin state.
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) is another means of treating veins. It is mostly used to treat finer veins bundled with Rosacea.
Find more information relating to vein center nj